RE-INVEST UK: THE UK REAL ESTATE INSTITUTIONAL INVESTORS’ SUMMIT
The 1st Edition of MIPIM UK RE-Invest will take place tomorrow, 15 October, at Olympia as global institutional investors meet behind closed doors to discuss how demographic, economic and political trends are driving investment and allocation decision within the UK market.
Institutional investors will address their opinions on whether or not the private rented sector is ready to become an institutional asset class or not. They will also bring new niche segments to the roundtable – as they question their possible interest to invest in student housing, senior housing and healthcare.
A keynote speech will be given by Dr. Amlan Roy, Head of Global Demographics and Pensions Research of Credit Suisse, UK.
Among the 26 Thought Leaders present:
- 7 representatives of 4 Sovereign Wealth Funds: GIC (Spore), KIC (Korea), SOFAZ (Azerbaijan), Temasek (Spore)
- 7 representatives of 7 Pension Funds: AP1, APG, CPPIB, Oxford Properties, PGGM, Royal Mail, Tesco
- 1 representatives of 1 Government agency : Ivanhoe Cambridge (Canada)
- 4 representatives of 4 Insurance Funds : AXA Insurance, Generali, Pacific Life, Zürich Insurance
- 1 representative of 1 Family Office: Noble Barons
- 2 representatives of 1 other LP: Aviva Investors
- 1 representative of 1 Corporate investor: Aecom Capital
- 3 representatives of 3 other contributors (association, asset managers): ANREV, CITIC Capital, Orchard St
BORIS JOHNSON KEYNOTE
Meanwhile, there will no doubt be swarms of participants flooding over to the Blue Room bright and early to grab a good seat for Boris Johnson’s keynote at 10:00.
MIPIM UK ADDRESSES HOUSING MARKET
Housing is certainly urgently needed in the UK, but the same solutions have continued to be debated for years. The afternoon at MIPIM will highlight various aspects of the housing market in the UK, notably:
10:30 Planning and Delivering Housing Development at Scale
14:00 Foreign Investment in Housing: Good for the UK or Good for the Investor?
15:00 What Next for Housing Tax and Who is Going to Pay It?
16:00 The Case for Investing in Affordable Housing