9 finalists revealed for the NYC leg of the MIPIM Startup Competition!
MIPIM announced today the finalists for the North American leg of the third annual MIPIM Startup Competition, which recognizes the most dynamic international startups offering real estate and urban management solutions, providing those competing with an opportunity to meet and pitch business to relevant investors, developers, financial companies, media analysts and other key influencers.
The Startup Competition is hosted in three major real estate technology hubs, including New York, London and Hong Kong, culminating in the final competition at the MIPIM 2018 conference in Cannes, France – the World Property Market – on March 14. For each city, a committee will review submissions and pre-select nine candidates to pitch their projects in front of a jury, who will select three finalists to compete in the finals at MIPIM 2018 on March 14. Of the nine global finalists selected to compete in Cannes, three winners will be named. Union Investment is the global partner of the MIPIM Startup Competition.
The following nine finalists were selected to present their projects in New York at the MIPIM PropTech Summit on October 11:
- Acasa (UK), an app that allows users to manage all their household bills.
- BrickVest (UK), a global financial marketplace that allows investors at all levels to invest in institutional-quality real estate globally.
- Contract Wrangler Inc. (USA), a platform that turns painful contract deluge into revenue and reduced risk.
- HiP Interactive Property Ltd. (UK), the first digital marketplace for commercial and residential property buyers, owners and investors, making property investment more affordable, liquid and accessible.
- Kaarta (USA), a platform that easily and accurately transforms the real world into actionable 3D models.
- MC Smart Controls (USA), which is introducing a variety of innovative technologies to save water, power and chemicals for residential, commercial, municipal and agricultural facilities.
- PlanRadar (Austria), a digital software that facilitates project management for construction companies.
- Real Atom (USA), the first online marketplace for commercial real estate debt financing.
- StrideUp (UK), a platform that makes homeownership more accessible by allowing users to buy the portion they can afford and gradually increase ownership proportionate to growth in savings and income.
“Our committee was incredibly impressed by the unique concepts and business plans submitted by these companies, all of whom are coming up with creative solutions that will propel the industry forward,” said Aaron Block, co-founder and managing director of MetaProp NYC.
In addition to Aaron Block, the selection committee for this year’s competition includes Dan Hughes, Director of RICS; Maria Seredina, senior manager of corporate development at Zillow Group; Dave Eisenberg, senior vice president of digital and technology at CBRE; Robert Courteau, CEO of Altus Group; David Goldberg, General Partner at Corigin Ventures; Sandy Jacolow, chief investment officer of Silverstein Properties; Brad Greiwe, co-founder of Fifth Wall; Bruce Wilpon, Partner at Sterling Properties; and Jonathan Pearce, senior vice president, Office Leasing, North America at Ivanhoe Cambridge.
The MIPIM PropTech Summit will be the flagship event of NYC Real Estate Tech Week, uniting global leaders in real estate and technology from more than 23 countries with the goal of fostering conversations to bring the industry to the next level, and featuring innovative proptech startups from around the world including Ogulo from Germany, Smartpixel.TV from Canada and MyCloud 3D from France.