As the speakers took to the podium for the MIPIM Asia Awards Forum on 26 January, 2021 in Hong Kong,
the time had never looked more favourable to turn attention east.
“Asia Pacific is set to drive global economic growth over the next decade,” writes Mathew Bouw, CEO Asia Pacific of Cushman & Wakefield, in the runup to the Forum.
Already, as we make our way tentatively through the second decade of ‘Asia’s Century’:
- China is predicted to overtake the US as the world’s biggest economy in 2028. Five years earlier than previously predicted.
- 15 Asia Pacific countries signed a trade deal. Launching the world’s biggest single trading bloc.
- Asia Pacific is home to 64% of the world’s middle classes. And rising fast.
- Half a billion people living in rural Asia are predicted to move to urban areas over the next ten
years. The environmental impact?
- China and India are home to some 1.4bn people each. The world’s two most populous countries.
- Asia is on the frontline of a changing climate, reports McKinsey.
Find out more about the key trends shaping Asian real estate – and the region’s global impact – in this exclusive report of the MIPIM Asia Awards Forum. Just leave us your details on the right! & check out the Forum in full below…
Top Image: Getty Images – baona