New investment hotspot in the heart of Europe: Archipel Strasbourg, France
Archipel is the name of the future international business district currently under construction in the heart of Europe, in Strasbourg, France.
A model for sustainable urban development, chosen by international groups
Archipel is located just a short hop away from the European Parliament, enjoys excellent tram connections to the city centre and is conveniently near ample expanses of natural spaces. This model of sustainable urban development and environmental quality covers an area of 14 ha, which includes housing and hotel and international business facilities. The first buildings are due for completion in the first half of 2018 and are set aside for international groups such as Adidas France and Euro-Information, which are moving their head offices into the new district. The 5 lots of the project’s successful first phase of 100,000 m² have all been taken up. The second phase, Archipel 2, is being built on 10 ha of building land. Archipel is surrounded by a highly attractive infrastructure, which includes a recently expanded and modernised Convention and Concert Centre, a new Exhibition Park and a vast sports area with comprehensive facilities.
The next stages of the project are:
- April 2018: inauguration of Adidas’ new head office (4855 m²).
- 2018 year-end: completion of lot 1 (three buildings for homes and offices, totalling 18,000 m²)
- Early 2019: completion of the lot 3 building (homes, offices and businesses)
- 2019: completion of Euro-Information’s head office (18,493 m²) and the lot 4 building (3870 m² of homes, 5750 m² of offices and 550 m² of businesses and services).
The Prize for Urban Landscape and Development for the new district
in May 2017, Archipel won the “award for development in floodable building areas”, the prize for Urban Landscape and Development, which it received from Ségolène Royal, the then Minister for the environment and ex-housing minister Emmanuelle Cosse. The award was given to the project in recognition of its “major economic interest” and its “genuine urban and environmental design qualities,”
“This prize is recognition of the environmentally-friendly large-scale building projects for which Strasbourg has led the way” – Deputy Mayor Alain Fontanel
To find out more about Archipel, come along to the Eurometropolis of Strasbourg’s stand at MIPIP 2018, stand P-1.K1 Central Aisle, or contact the representatives at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other top reasons to invest in Strasbourg !
Strasbourg, the European capital, offers a wide range of benefits for European investors and promoters, underpinned by its crossborder location next to Germany.
The Eurometropolis of Strasbourg is a highly successful business-driven area:
- a dynamic real estate market, with some 60,000 business real estate transactions per year
- 2 Rives, the largest cross-border urban development project – 1,500,000 m² over 250 ha of land, building a genuine binational metropolis
- over 3000 new homes built every year
- a specialised range of land and real estate availability: Archipel – international business district (services) ; Strasbourg Port industrial estate and Rhine Ecoparc (industry) ; Innovation Park and Nextmed – medical technologies campus (innovation) ; a successful hotel market (with some 10,000 rooms)
- the territory is part of the French MedTech and BioTech State-driven innovation schemes, and is recognised as a centre for healthcare and medical technologies businesses.
- a rapidly expanding start-ups scene, underpinned by clusters and associations. The Eurometropolis has been France’s leading region for inward investment over the last 25 years
- home to one of the leading universities in France, where most of the city’s 60,000 students study. 20% of the student population is from outside France (150 nationalities) while the University has 2778 teaching staff and 4 Nobel prizewinners!
- the third-ranked French city, according to EY’s Global Investment Monitor attractiveness survey
- a key strategic position on the Frankfurt- Stuttgart-Munich axis, which attracts over 50% of inward investment in Europe.
- A University driving the European Campus– a border-free academic and scientific centre
- the 5th ranked European city for patent applications
- an enviable lifestyle: Strasbourg is ranked among the top 10 cities worldwide for job satisfaction (Work satisfaction survey by Linkedin)
Take a look at many other good reasons for investing in Strasbourg on http://www.europtimist.eu