September 14, 2012
Steak 'n Shake is serving up premium burgers, hand-dipped milk shakes and two delectable franchise options.
First opened in Normal, Illinois in 1934, American restaurant chain Steak ‘n Shake has made it their mission to serve the best, freshest and tastiest burgers and shakes around.
Founder Gus Belt pioneered the concept of premium steakburgers and milk shakes, naming his company for the quality menu that customers have come to know and love today. To prove that his burgers were superior, he ground the meat right in front of guests including a mix of round, sirloin and t-bones. From this unique demonstration came the famous slogan “In Sight It Must Be Right”!
Steak ‘n Shake Operations, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Biglari Holdings Inc. and includes nearly 500 restaurants in 22 states, with plans to expand to cover new territories and core markets.
Steak ‘n Shake offers franchisees two alternatives to building a new restaurant, each catering to different levels of investment and location needs.
Steak ‘n Shake Classic
- Provides a theater to showcase the production of the famed made-to-order Steakburgers™ and hand-dipped milk shakes
- Dining area seating up to 94 customers + drive-thru window
- Open 24/7 with a full menu
Steak ‘n Shake Signature
- A new format providing prospective franchisees an opportunity to own a Steak ’n Shake at a less costly investment, smaller footprint, and more simplified operation
- Rapid counter service model ideal for shopping centers
- Signature menu and in-line (50+ seats) or non-traditional (common area: food court, airport..) customer seating
Steak ’n Shake is seeking qualified single and multi-unit operators in the US and abroad, awarding franchisee agreements to those meeting their qualifications for success.
Interested in learning more about Steak ‘n Shake? Meet them at MAPIC this November!